Did you know…for every employee who loses low-risk status, health costs go up $350/year.
There are many different types of wellness programs. The essence of these programs is to promote healthy lifestyles wellness initiatives such as smoking cessation programs, on-site gyms, educational materials and much more. While some businesses have instituted very comprehensive health programs, others have achieved savings or increased productivity with just a few simple activities that promote healthy behaviors. What’s most important is to commit to wellness promotion in your organization and get started.
Studies have shown that employees are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are in optimal health. Benefits of implementing a wellness program include:
- Attracting the most talented workers
- Reducing absenteeism and lost time
- Improving on-the-job time utilization, decision making and productivity
- Improving employee morale
- Reduction in turnover
- Improved disease management and prevention, and a healthier workforce in general, both of which contribute to lower health care costs
To learn more about developing and implementing a wellness program in your organization contact us.